Sunbrella Firesist Fire-Retardant Fabric
Satisfies The Toughest Fire and Building Codes
Fire Retardancy: Firesist yarn uses state-of-the-art technology to produce fibers that are formulated to be inherently fire-retardant and engineered for awning applications. Since fire protection is an inherent attribute of the fabric, it will not leach or wash out during the life of the fabric.
For fire retardant testing and certification, see the specifications below.
Water Resistance: Glen Raven utilizes years of awning experience to apply a special finish and coating that will enhance stain and water resistance. With proper pitch and fabrication, water simply beads on and runs off the fabric.
Color and Strength Retention: Like the original Sunbrella Firesist, the new Firesist will maintain the same rich color, low-luster, naturally woven-look. Enhanced dimensional stability and strength keeps Firesist taut on the awning frame through the full range of climatic conditions ensuring that your awning project fits right regardless of temperature and humidity.
Bold Colors: Glen Raven has combined the most advanced coloration processes to produce a fabric with an excellent depth of color, a consistent hue, and the kind of UV resistance you have come to expect. Glen Raven is introducing an initial offering of 12 popular colors and is capable of expanding the color range and producing custom, made-to-order colors so long as it reaches a reasonable minimum.
Send your custom request to: orders at outdoorfabriccentral dot com
Sunbrella Firesist is a registered trademark of Glen Raven Mills, Inc.
Firesist canvas can be used indoors or outdoors for awnings, canopies, privacy screens, decorative panels, room dividers and more. With the look and feel of regular Sunbrella, it's always aesthetically pleasing.
- Variety: Firesist gives you 12 beautiful canvas solids and new Tweeds from which to choose. And for greater design and application flexibility, it comes in 60-inch wide widths.
- True Colors: Firesist is solution dyed, so its colors can't wash out and they also resist fading. The rich, saturated hues appear the same on both sides of the fabric. Plus, Firesist is highly soil resistant.
- Climate Control: Because Firesist is woven, it contains thousands of tiny pores that let the fabric breathe. That means unlike coated fabrics or vinyl, the air underneath or behind Firesist remains cooler. The result is much better energy efficiency. In addition, breathability eliminates moisture condensation.
- Warranty: This limited warranty is valid only if a copy of the invoice for the item purchased is submitted showing date of original purchase.
- What Is Covered: This limited warranty covers the fabric becoming unserviceable because of excessive loss of color or strength from normal usage and exposure conditions, including sunlight, mildew and atmospheric chemicals. Consumer is responsible for normal care and cleaning of the fabric. This warranty covers fabric only. Glen Raven's liability is expressly limited to this warranty.
- How Long Is The Coverage Period: Firesist limited warranty coverage runs for five years (60 months) from the date of original installation.
- What will Glen Raven Do: Glen Raven will grant an allowance equal to 1/60th the original purchase price for each month remaining in the five year warranted period towards the purchase of all fabric required to produce a new duplicate awning.
- How Can You Get Service: Contact us at 1-866-516-0934 or email us at: orders at outdoorfabriccentral dot com, please allow us to inspect the claim. In turn we will contact the manufacturer of the item purchased. The manufacture will then contact Glen Raven and secure replacement fabric for you.
Sunbrella Firesist Specifications:
- Generic Classification: Woven fire-retardant polymer backed with urethane/acrylic.
- Description: Fabric woven from an inherently fire-retardant polymer, backed with a durable urethane/acrylic coating.
- Typical Weight: Approximately 8.75 oz. per square yard.
- Width: 60 inches / 152.4
- Colors: Very resistant to ultraviolet rays and color degradation (see warranty). Most colors tested up to 1,500 hours in a Fade-Ometer with minimal or no change. Fade resistant to most chemicals.
- Underside: Urethane/acrylic.
- Surface: Basket weave with a soil/stain release finish.
- Transparency Level: Light shades translucent for good illuminated use.
- Abrasion Resistance: Excellent.
- Flexibility: Excellent in both hot and very cold conditions. Will not crack.
- Dimensional Stability: Good. Remains fully flexible in frigid temperatures.
- Mildew Resistance: Excellent (with proper maintenance and cleaning).
- Durability/Average Life Span: 5 years. (Depends on climate and proper care of fabric.)
- Flame Resistance (FR): Firesist passes the following flame-retardant requirements:
- Meets California State Fire Marshall Title 19
- NFPA 701-99, test method II
- CPAI-84; Tent walls and roof
- FMVSS 302
- FAA 25.853 (Aviation)
- UFAC Upholstered Furniture, Class 1
- Outside North America: Consult Glen Raven for Specifications
- Chemical Resistance: Excellent.
- Water Repellence: Excellent.
- Oil Resistance: Very good.
- Sewability: Excellent.
- Heat Sealing: Can be heat sealed using sealing tape and heat source such as wedge, hot air, radio frequency bar type welder, etc.