Sunbrella Firesist™ Information
Satisfies The Toughest Fire and Building Codes
Fire Retardant: Firesist™ yarn uses state-of-the-art technology to produce fiber that is engineered for awning applications and formulated to be inherently fire retardant. Since fire protection is an inherent attribute of the fabric, it will not leach or wash out durning the life of the fabric.
For fire retardancy testing and certification, see specifications.
Water Resistant: Glen Raven is utilizing years of awning "experience" to apply a special finish and coating that will enhance stain resistance and water resistance. With proper awning pitch and fabrication, water beads and runs off the fabric.
Retains Color & Strength: Like the original Sunbrella Firesist™, Firesist™ will maintain the same rich color and low luster natural woven look that your customers demand.
Enhanced dimensional stability and strength keeps Firesist™ taut on the awning frame through the full range of climatic conditions ensuring that your awning project "fits right" regardless of temperture and humidity.
Bold Colors: Glen Raven has combined the most advanced coloration processes to produce a fabric with excellent depth of color, consistent hue, and the kind of UV resistance you have come to expect. Glen Raven is introducing an initial offering of 12 popular colors, and is capable of expanding the color range and producing custom made to order colors with reasonable minimums.
Send your custom request to: orders at outdoorfabriccentral dot com
Sunbrella Firesist™ is a registered trademark of Glen Raven Mills, Inc.
Firesist canvas can be used indoors or outdoors for awnings, canopies, privacy screens, decorative panels, room dividers and more. With the look and feel of regular Sunbrella, it's always aesthetically pleasing.
- Variety: Firesist gives you 12 beautiful canvas solids and new Tweeds to choose from. And for greater design and application flexibility, it comes in 60-inch wide widths.
- True Colors: Firesist is solution dyed, so its colors can't wash out and they also resist fading. The rich, saturated hues appear the same on both sides of the fabric. Plus, Firesist is highly soil resistant.
- Climate Control: Because Firesist is woven, it contains thousands of tiny pores which let the fabric breathe. That means unlike coated fabrics or vinyl, the air underneath or behind Firesist remains cooler. The result is much better energy efficiency. In addition, breathability eliminates moisture condensation.
- Warranty: This limited warranty is valid only if a copy of the invoice for the item purchased is submitted showing date of original purchase.
- What Is Covered: This limited warranty covers the fabric becoming unserviceable because of excessive loss of color or strength from normal usage and exposure conditions, including sunlight, mildew and atmospheric chemicals. Consumer is responsible for normal care and cleaning of the fabric. This warranty covers fabric only. Glen Raven's liability is expressly limited to this warranty.
- How Long Is The Coverage Period: Firesist limited warranty coverage runs for five years (60 months) from the date of original installation.
- What will Glen Raven Do: Glen Raven will grant an allowance equal to 1/60th the original purchase price for each month remaining in the five year warranted period towards the purchase of all fabric required to produce a new duplicate awning.
- How Can You Get Service: Contact us at 1-866-516-0934 or email us at: orders at outdoorfabriccentral dot com, please allow us to inspect the claim. In turn we will contact the manufacturer of the item purchased. The manufacture will then contact Glen Raven and secure replacement fabric for you.
Sunbrella Firesist™ Specifications:
- Generic Classification: Woven fire retardant polymer backed with urethane/acrylic.
- Description: Fabric woven from an inherently fire retardant polymer, backed with a durable urethane/acrylic coating.
- Typical Weight: Approximately 8.75 oz. per square yard.
- Width: 60 inches / 152.4
- Colors: Very resistant to Ultraviolet rays & color degradation (see warranty). Most colors tested up to 1,500 hours
fadeometer with minimal or no change. Fade resistant to most chemicals.
- Underside: Urethane/acrylic.
- Surface: Basket weave - soil/stain release finish.
- Transparency Level: Light shades translucent for good illuminated use.
- Abrasion Resistance: Excellent
- Flexibility: Excellent in both hot and very cold conditions. Will not crack.
- Dimensional Stability: Good. Remains fully flexible in frigid temperatures.
- Mildew Resistance: Excellent. (with proper maintenance and cleaning)
- Durability/Average Life Span: 5 years. (Depends on climate and proper care of fabric.)
- Flame Resistance (FR): Firesist is inherently flame retardant, passing the following flame retardant requirements:
UFAC Upholstered Furniture, Class 1
Meets California State Fire Marshall Title 19.
NFPA 701-99, test method II
CPAI-84; Tent walls and roof
FAA 25.853 (Aviation)
Outside North America: Consult Glen Raven for Specifications.
- Chemical Resistance: Excellent.
- Water Repellence: Excellent.
- Oil Resistance: Very good.
- Sewability: Excellent.
- Heat Sealing: Can be heat sealed using sealing tape & heat source such as wedge, hot air, radio frequency bar type welder, ect.